Thursday, March 25, 2021

Dare 2B Artzy/Brutus Monroe Collaboration

Hi Artzy friends - 

Today I have a shaker card that I created with some great new Dare 2B Artzy products, along with some fun products from Brutus Monroe!

This adorable raccoon from the Raccoon Party stamp and die sets, is wishing you a happy birthday with a yummy ice cream cone! The ice cream cart inside the shaker window is from the Turtley Awesome stamp and die sets.
The colorful pennants, also from the Raccoon Party dies, along with the cheery rainbow background, created with Brutus Monroe's Rainbow Mixed Media stencil, and  Clay Sprinkles inside the shaker, combine to really make this a party on a card! Don't those sprinkles look just like ice cream sprinkles/jimmies?

To create the sparkly rainbow background I first stenciled my rainbow ink colors, on Ranger Distress Heavystock. This is my new favorite cardstock for ink blending, even with wet techniques.


At this point, I should have left the stencil in place before applying the Ranger Transparent Gloss Texture Paste, but I did not. It was easy however, to line it back up. Because the texture paste is transparent, it will dry clear (whether you are using gloss or matte), to allow the ink colors to show through. This photo is after the paste was just applied.


I then sprinkled on some Lawn Fawn Prisma Glitter, and left the panel to dry overnight.


I was so pleased when I checked the next morning to find that as the panel dried it completely flattened out! And look at that sparkle! 


I shook off the excess glitter and I was ready to assemble my shaker care, with the raccoon and ice cream cart images that I had already colored with Copic markers. The window in my card panel was cut with a die from the Dare 2B Artzy Double Dot Circle framelits, and I still have my pretty sparkly rainbow circle to use on a future project!.
I added my sentiment, also from Raccoon Party, by stamping it with Versafine Onyx Black ink and embossing with Brutus Monroe Ultrafine Icicle (clear) embossing powder.
I cut the pennant shapes from Raccoon Party out of several colors of cardstock and attached them to a piece of twine across the top of my card.

This was a really fun project, and I just love looking at the sparkly rainbows on this card! 




Be sure to check out all of the great products offered by these two wonderful companies!

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

Avra



























2 comments:

  1. This shaker card is amazing! I don’t know how you worked up the courage to cut into that gorgeous stenciled background, but it did make a beautiful sparkly background for an adorable ice cream themed card! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had to hold my breath while I die cut into the background! It's not like I can't make another one! LOL!

      Delete