Sunday, May 19, 2019

Dotted Swirls

I am happy to be guest designing for Dare 2B Artzy this month! I was asked to use a stamp set from the Totally Tracy line called Dotted Swirls. This set strikes me as a great one for mixed media projects, or as embellishments for scrapbook layouts. Since I am not a mixed media crafter, nor have I scrapbooked in several years, I wanted to find a way to use this set for cards.

I began by stamping the two dotted images with VersaMark embossing ink all over my card panel. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder.




I then blended 5 colors of Distress Oxide ink over the panel.


I wiped the ink off the embossed areas with a dry paper towel to make the white images pop, and cut the panel with the stitched rectangle die from the Leaf Background die set.




I heat embossed this sentiment from the Wishing Happiness stamp set on vellum, and attached it to my card front, along with some iridescent sequins. I popped the card panel up with white fun foam onto a black layer, and then onto my A2 card.


I enjoyed playing with this set and will have another card for you next week using some of the other swirls in the set, and another fun technique using Distress Oxide inks.

2 comments: