Sunday, September 23, 2018

Cuckoo!

Welcome back to my last Dare 2B Artzy blog post for September.
I had so much fun creating with some great Dare 2B Artzy products and sharing my projects with you.

I love the Cuckoo Clock stamp and die set because it is so unique, and it can be used with the enclosed sentiments for a general winter time card, or with the accompanying images to make it more of a holiday card.

I made 3 different cards with this set. I just couldn't stop coloring the adorable cuckoo clock!

The first card was created with the Nesting Rectangle Fancy Frame dies, as well as the new Fun Fold die. The music notes and the sentiment on the front of the card are from the Be Yourself stamp set.





Next I made a card with the little birds "flying" around the cuckoo clock.
I cut a channel into my card front and put foam tape on the back.


I die cut the little birds and sandwiched small disks between a small card stock circle and the birds.



I colored and die cut the clock, and stamp embossed, and matted my sentiment. Then I assembled the card, slipping the backing of the little birds into the channel. The patterned paper, from the Fields in Bloom paper collection, along with the tiny birds, makes for a busy, "cuckoo" card!



I wanted to create another slider card that was a little plainer so you could better see the little birds.  This one uses solid card stock for the card front, and a straight channel for the birds to "travel" on.
Here's a better look at the mechanism that is attached to the bird die cuts.





Here is the card front with the channel cut into it.



My completed card.



One more detail I forgot to mention - I used a "snow pen" on the snow covered roofs of the clocks. It's hard to see in the pictures but it adds a bit of fun texture and dimension.

Thank you for for joining me this month! I had a great time being a guest designer for Dare 2B Artzy!























                  

















2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love those slider cards. Someone is very lucky to receive those fun and pretty creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the movement you’ve created in your cards! You have inspired me to get out the cuckoo clock set and make some cards! 💕

    ReplyDelete