Monday, August 2, 2021

Growing in Unity, Day 1

Happy Monday, friends!

I'm excited to be able to share some of the cards that I have created with Unity Stamps this week!

Be sure to visit every day, and comment on each post, to be eligible to win a $20 gift credit to Unity Stamp Co. Two of you will be randomly drawn at the end of the week for this generous prize!

Unity Stamp Co is a family owned, US based company that manufactures high quality red rubber stamps in just about any design style you can imagine. Be sure to check them out if you haven't!

You'll notice from my posts this week that I enjoy coloring images, especially florals! I also love that Unity offers thousands of sentiments so you can always mix and match your Unity stamp sets (also referred to as "kits") to be sure your card conveys the exact sentiment that you need for any occasion. 

Today I am sharing two floral cards created with background stamps. I love when an image takes up all or most of the entire card front!



The first card was created with Obsessed With Floral, a single image background stamp. This stamp covers the entire front of an A2 sized card, and there are many ways to create a beautiful card front with it. I chose to stamp the image in black and color it with Copic markers. I added a light misting of a shimmer spray to give the whole card a little bit of shine.  I also added a word die, layered on black fun foam to give it dimension.


It was difficult to capture the shimmer in the photo but it's there! 


My second card today was created with Array of Fall. This image comes with a very pretty "thankful" sentiment but I chose to make this a birthday card with a sentiment from the Aging Gorgeously sentiment kit. Each month, Unity releases a sentiment kit. This is a kit that usually features one focal image plus several sentiments, all following a certain theme. I own many Unity sentiment kits (for birthday, sympathy, holiday, etc) and I reach for them frequently to find just the right sentiment for any occasion I need to make a card for. 
This image was also stamped in black ink and colored with Copic markers. I love how the image fits perfectly in the corner and takes up most of the card front, while leaving plenty of space to add a sentiment. 


I hope you enjoyed my cards today, and are inspired to go check out Unity's huge selection of images and sentiments. I'll be back tomorrow!

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

Avra







56 comments:

  1. Beautiful floral cards, Avra! You have been doing a lot of coloring!
    I’m looking forward to seeing your Unity cards throughout the week! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards - love that shimmer! I am also drawn to Unity's floral stamps - so pretty! Looking forward to seeing your projects this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderfully colored cards! Those flowers are fabulous.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are beautiful! Obsessed with Floral is one of my favorites. I'm looking forward to your GIU week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avra, the cards are lovely. You did a great job on the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of them but especially second one! You always make beautiful cards Avra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! The colors for your flowers is on point. Can’t wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful, and wonderfully colored cards! Unity does have GREAT sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! Your coloring is amazing and so are the colors! Thanks foe sharing! I love Unity❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous coloring! Wow!
    Shannon H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards. Coloring perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! I love these background stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way you oolored these beautiful floral designs! Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply lovely cards. The colors are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colors and simple designs. I like florals too. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  17. These floral cards are gorgeous! I love Unity's florals and always perfect sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! Beautiful cards and colored so prettily. I love the flowers
    in the 2nd card - will have to look into that stamp for myself. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love large floral stamps that cover a card front! Both of your cards are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty floral cards. I’m liking the great colors you chose. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards! Especially like the second. Nice coloring on both.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love both cards. I had t noticed the Array of Fall kit, I’ll have to take a look at that. beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omgosh these are ABSOLUTELY stunning, again you are an AMAZING colorist! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simply stunning beautiful!.
    Love flowers. They made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, I definitely need Array of Fall! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are gorgeous! Loving all of your cards! I am going to try a similar color pallette with my Obsessed with Floral stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you share on the Unity Show and Tell FB group!

      Delete
  27. Wow! Beautiful cards, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your coloring is wonderful! You created two striking floral cards! I have enjoyed browsing your Growing in Unity posts! (I went backwards from Thursday, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you've enjoyed my creations this week!

      Delete
  29. I love these floral cards. I especially love the red flowers and how large the image is. Your coloring is awesome and the sentiment fits so perfectly in the space you stamped it. I am definitely adding this to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! Glad I could enable you! LOL!

      Delete
  30. Beautiful floral cards Avra! I need more hours in the day!! My garden weeds keep calling me away from the craft room!!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete