Monday, February 27, 2023

Growing in Unity, Day 1

Happy Monday, friends!

I'm excited to be able to share some of the cards that I have created with Unity Stamps this week!

Be sure to visit every day, and comment on each post, to be eligible to win a $20 gift credit to Unity Stamp Co. Two of you will be randomly drawn at the end of the week for this generous prize!

Unity Stamp Co is a family owned, US based company that manufactures high quality red rubber stamps in just about any design style you can imagine. Be sure to check them out if you haven't!

Today I am sharing a flat shaker card! This type of shaker card doesn't use any foam tape and is super simple to create!


My images, which I colored with Copic markers, are from the Sammy Girl kit. The sentiment is heat embossed with gold embossing powder. 

After coloring my image I cut an oval frame into an A2 sized piece of paper that looks like alcohol ink! So pretty and zero mess! 



All you need to create a flat shaker card pouch is any clear packaging you may have; no need to purchase acetate sheets. I taped my plastic to the back of my card panel on 3 sides, leaving the top open. I used scotch tape; you can use any tape you have - no one will see the back once you mount it to a card base.


Now it is sure simple to pour your shaker elements in through the open flap before you tape it closed. 


I added my sentiment and a few extra doodads right on top of the plastic and mounted my card front to a card base.


I hope you enjoyed my card today, and are inspired to try out a flat shaker card (also called an edge to edge shaker!) I'll be back tomorrow with another Unity Stamp Co. creation!

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

Avra







25 comments:

  1. Very nice card! I'm looking forward to your GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a splendid card! Nice that you matched mermaid colors to the beautiful background paper. --Chris Shuman

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab way to make a shaker. Love the pretty alcohol ink background. A beautiful card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card with great colors! I look forward to seeing the rest of your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shakers are my favorite - and this is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so darling! I have not done a shaker card for a while--good reminder! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! Try a flat shaker card - it's so much less frustrating! (for me anyway!)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the great explanation. This card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable shaker card! I keep seeing you make these so one of these days I'm going to actually try and make one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so nice not to have to worry about sequins sticking all over the foam tape! Lol!

      Delete
  9. Great flat shaker card! The mermaid is so pretty!
    I can see myself sealing the last edge before adding the shaker bits... doh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet card and a great way to make a shaker! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card! I love flat shaker cards, but haven't made one in a while. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete