Thursday, February 2, 2023

Peek-a-Boo Card

 Hi Artzy friends -

Today I am sharing a card I made using a die cutting technique I learned from a video by Julie Ebersole. I don't believe she had a name for it, so I'm calling it a peek-a-boo card!





I used the Buzzy Beez stamp and dies sets to create this card, as well as paper from the All the Buzz collection. My inside sentiment is from the Honey Bears stamp set.

To create this type of card you need to have the coordinating die for the image that you're using as your focal point. I stamped the bee on the front of my card, die cut it out, and stamped it again, through the opening, onto the inside of my card. 
You can see here where I have the cutout bee shape on the front of my card, and the colored bee image is actually on the inside of my card.


I cut a mask of the bee image so I could stamp my other two images beside him on the inside. The honey pot and hive on the front were stamped, colored and die cut. 


I also added some shimmer to the bee's wings and some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the honey drips.

I cut an A2 panel from my patterned paper and aligned cut outs of the bee as well as an opening for my sentiment, which I popped up. 


I've had this card template sitting on my desk for quite some time and now that I've completed the card I can't wait to try one again!

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

Avra







2 comments: