Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Growing in Unity, Day 2

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Shaker Cards

Welcome to Day 2 of my GIU Week!

Please leave a comment each day this week, to be eligible to win a fabulous prize of 25 Unity stamps direct from Unity!
Feel free to leave suggestions as well - I am always excited to learn new and different ways of doing things when it comes to stamping and making cards! Also feel free to look for me on Instagram after the week is over, to see what other crafting I’ve been up to!

I took advantage of a recent Unity sale on all floral kits and really beefed up my flower collection! You’ll see me using some Unity floral themed stamps almost every day this week.

This was my very first time trying shaker cards, and I’ll be making more. I need to do something with all of the sequins and other doodads I’ve been collecting! It was also my first time coloring with colored pencils on Kraft cardstock.

I stamped and colored the images from Quiet Essence (flower and bee), and Gladness Touch Your Life, with colored pencils on Kraft cardstock.

For the first card, I die cut a frame panel with a stitched oval die. I added some shimmer to the bumble bee’s wings with a Wink of Stella pen, and fussy cut him out. I added some gold “sprinkles” that I got at Target behind the acetate window. Then I cut and popped up the panel frame with foam tape. I also popped up the bee and the embossed sentiment, (cut into a banner strip), Just Saying Hello, from the So Very Grateful sentiment kit.


For the second card I die cut a circle frame, and added a stitched circle die cut frame (2 layers) around that to add dimension. I added some pink sequins behind the acetate window and popped up the panel with foam tape. I used 2 layers of foam tape on this one, as opposed to a single layer on the the first one. This allowed freer movement of the shaker elements inside. I stamped and die cut the Hello sentiment from Best Wishes and Blooms, and popped it up on the front of the card.


Thanks for looking today; see you tomorrow!

36 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower cards, love the shaker effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love to color on kraft!! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. Love the Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shaker cards! I love the bee! 🐝

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your floral shaker cards are fabulous, one of my favorite techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven’t used colored pencils enough to even try this. But I love the cards, they make me want to go get a set of pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shaker cards are fun and the little bee outside of the oval is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card. Shaker cards are so cool. I have yet to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards! The bee is an adorable addition to the first card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your shaker cards I have tried a couple but they never seem to work all things stick to the side. Yours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your shaker cards. They remind me of Spring with their bright colors and the cute bee stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty shaker cards!!! I love the highlighting you did in the flower petals.😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love coloring on kraft. Now I'm going to have to try a shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I especially like the bee card. Shakers are great!! I love your coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, these are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love shaker cards. The flower stamp is perfect in the middle of the oval! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shaker cards are my very favorite! Aren't they fun to make?! I can't believe these are your first ones. You did a beautiful job. They are both colored so gorgeously.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous floral shakers. Love the coloring on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, please - all of the above. I'm now more ready than ever to try both a shaker card and coloring on kraft. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shaker cards are such fun to make, yours are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Don’t you just love coloring on kraft?!? Your cards turned out beautiful. Can’t wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful shaker cards! Kraft paper is one of my favorites - so versatile. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Such beautiful coloring on these cards! Gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love both cards! I'm a huge fan of colored pencil on kraft cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your shaker cards are so awesome! love the designs and colors on both.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love shaker cards, although I have yet to be successful in making one. Lol. These are so pretty. I especially like the flower against the slate color. It just makes it stand out so well.
    --Phaline Mays

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely cards,they are so beautiful and unique.I most try to do shaker cards,I've never done one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful shaker cards! You have a knack for these! You should definitely make more! Can't wait to see what you create, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those flowers with the highlights are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven’t tried a shaker card yet. These are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  31. That’s a lovely floral duo !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete