Friday, April 6, 2018

Growing in Unity, Day 5

Friday, April 6, 2018

Stenciled Backgrounds and Angie Girls

Welcome to Day 5 of my GIU Week!
Please leave a comment each day this week, to be eligible to win a fabulous prize of 25 Unity stamps direct from Unity! Feel free to leave suggestions as well - I am always excited to learn new and different ways of doing things when it comes to stamping and making cards! Also feel free to look for me on Instagram after the week is over, to see what other crafting I’ve been up to!

I wanted to make use of some of my stencils to create quick fun backgrounds. I used Stampin’ Up inks, because for most of them I had matching cardstock for the image and card panel mats. The images and sentiments are all from the So Glad You Were Born sentiment kit, and the Sometimes I Wonder sentiment kit. All images are colored with Promarker alcohol markers, and are cut with various dies. I am obsessed with Unity’s sentiment kits. They are so versatile and contain so many sentiment options that provide many possibilities with just one kit! I am fairly certain that one day I will own almost all of the sentiment kits! If I can keep up, that is - they come out with a brand new kit every month!


What Unity stamp collection is complete without Angie Girls?! I actually don’t own a lot of them, other than those that came in KOTM’s over the past year or so. I did finally get Poppy Girl, which has been on my wish list for some time, as well as several of the new Planner Gals - Be a Beauty, Love Them, Don’t Be Perfect, You Got This, and Cold Outside. For the Planner Gal cards, I colored up the gals with Promarker alcohol markers, and die cut them with various shaped dies. I used some fun embossing folders to create coordinating background panels. I added the black heat embossed sentiments to complete the cards. Poppy Girl, and the girl from the January 2018 Kit of the Month, are also colored with Promarker alcohol markers, and either die cut or trimmed, and mounted on solid color cardstock, or patterned papers. The sentiments (from Poppy Girl and So Very Grateful kits) are heat embossed on vellum in either black or white.


Sadly, my week as GIU Girl has come to an end. I’ve had so much fun inking up so many of my Unity stamps and creating cards to share with you! I hope you saw something you liked! Thank you so much for all of your kind words and encouragement!It really means a lot to me that you took time out of your days to take a look at my work and leave such nice comments!

31 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all your inspiration this week! I am super inspired by your creations! Off to create something today!-Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your GIU week. You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So many pretty cards in one post! I love the simplicity of the first series of Itty Bitties paired with sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Beautiful cards all week long-it’s been a pleasure witnessing your talent this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards! I need to try this stenciled background soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great this week! I'm definitely going to use your ideas.Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the planner girls on my ATCs and I love seeing them colored in your beautiful way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful finale!! I love all of these and they are perfect for a quick card! I've really enjoyed your whole week... thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! So many lovely cards today and all this week!!!😊 I love your coloring and color choices. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are great. I love them and your style. I do not like a lot of embellishments on my cards, I love mine just like all of yours are. thank you for sharing so much and so many wonderful cards with us this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I LOVE THE BIRD. The flowers on his tummy looks so cute. I like how you used light and dark shades. NICE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, beautiful cards! You did an awesome job on all of them! I love the soft colors you used on the first 5, but I honestly like all the coordinated colors you used. Fantastic job! I thoroughly enjoyed your GIU week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love simple and easy backgrounds. You have lots of really easy card ideas that look like they took longer than they probably did. The background with the cupcake is my favorite. I enjoyed your GIU week so much! Thank you for taking the time to share your projects for us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You certainly went out with a ban, Ms Avra! Loving all the stenciled backgrounds! Such a fun variety of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow --You have been busy. Love the stenciled and embossed backgrounds for these Unity stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of these cards are fabulous! What a way to end your week! Definitely going out on a high note!!! I’ve really enjoyed all of your projects this week. Thank you for sharing and for all the inspiration ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards,they are so beautiful,inspirational and fabulous.Thanks for a wonderful week,I really enjoyed your talent,creations and ability to share your ideas.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome cards! Love the stenciled backgrounds on these cards! The bird is adorable! Thanks for a great GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! so many wonderful cards. Thank you for sharing this week. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing your talent with us this week. After seeing your cards I want to go and recreate some cards and tags.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a lot of beautiful cards!!1Love your backgrounds!!
    Thanks for the inspiration this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! You have been so busy making all these cards, what a lovely variety. Your colouring is perfect, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the poppies... great week

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun and so very inspirational post today. Full of so
    many beautiful cards. Love the coloring & designs. So simple, yet so powerful. It's been a great week - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the embossed backgrounds for the planner gals as they make a perfect backdrop for them. Wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for a great week of inspiration! Your stenciled cards are very pretty. I will have to give stenciling a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  28. All your backgrounds are really awesome ! Thanks for this week of inspiration !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  29. What grand finale, they are all great, love your selection of stencils and embossing folders...yep more casing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your cards were really great this week. You gave so many options and styles that there was a card for every stamper! I love the cute cake card but I also love the girls with their empowering words. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! You made some fantastic cards. I love your coloring, patterns, and designs. Just wonderful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete