Thursday, April 5, 2018

Growing in Unity, Day 4

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Watercoloring

Welcome to Day 4 of my GIU Week!

Please leave a comment each day this week, to be eligible to win a fabulous prize of 25 Unity stamps direct from Unity! Feel free to leave suggestions as well - I am always excited to learn new and different ways of doing things when it comes to stamping and making cards! Also feel free to look for me on Instagram after the week is over, to see what other crafting I’ve been up to!

Many of Unity’s images are perfect for watercoloring!
I have several examples to share with you today.
First is a floral heart image from the February 2018 Kit of the Month. I colored the image using Brea Reese Glitter Inks, and a Zig Clean Color Real Brush marker for the blue background. The “love ya” stamp is from Life is Better.


The next two cards feature the Done in Love kit. I watercolored the stamped image with Brea Reese Glitter inks and Zig Clean Color Real
Brush markers. The background pieces were created with a stencil and either Ranger Texture paste with Tim Holtz distress reinker mixed in (the pink one), or Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (the silver one). The sentiments are heat embossed on vellum - Hello Friend is from the May 2017 Kit of the Month, and Home Sweet Home is from the March 2017 Kit of the Month.



The following three cards are created with the Happy Moments kit. All three were colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. The orange one was stamped with Versafine black, and the pink and purple ones were heat embossed in gold. I love water coloring an embossed image - the embossing “traps” the color so you can’t go outside the lines. The sentiments, from the same kit, are stamped and/or embossed on vellum and adhered to the card. I die cut and adhered the color coordinated stitched scalloped frames. These are some of my favorite cards from this week!


The next card is from the February 2018 Kit of the Month. I stamped on watercolor paper with Versafine ink, then painted rainbow stripes with Brea Reese Glitter Inks. This is really shimmery and pretty in person!


And finally, I painted this image from Good Days with Distress Inks. I die cut a frame out of Dare 2B Artzy patterned paper and white heat embossed the sentiment on vellum.



Thank you for popping in today; don’t forget to stop by tomorrow!

32 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing your talent to help others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been busy! Again, the rainbow effect on the "thank you" card speaks to me -- so pretty. I think my favorite of all of today's cards is the silver embossed background envelope of pansies. Lovely! Thanks for sharing all of you beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I love all your watercolor creations! So much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many wonderful cards. my favorite are the poppies. thanks for sharing.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stinking Cute!!!!!!! Adorable!!!!!! Thanks for your inspiration this week -Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards, that bunny is so cute. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have been a busy lady. I love all of the cards and the way you color. You give us so much to look at they are all wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Very pretty cards. Love that heart stamp. Great coloring and designs. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of them. That stencil background is amazing. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these are all so great, thanks so much for some inspiring ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All great cards. My favorite is the rainbow thank card. Love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many cards to get to inspire us. I love the inks and will look to find them. The glitter inks are awesome. I love the cards you make!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh! I love your backgrounds on the Done in Love cards. They look like designer paper! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your watercolouring is lovely!!! I like all the beautiful shades and highlights especially in the floral cards. They are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many stunning projects! The watercoloring is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those turned out beautifully! I especially love the exploding envelope

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Avra! Stunning cards! I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried! have some of the Nuvo mouse and have yet to try it! I need to break it out and start playing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to try out those Brea Reese Glitter inks! So pretty! Love your cards❤️

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, these are all sooooo stunning!!!Love the cards with the Happy Moments kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a way with colors!!!!!! I love and enjoy every card you make! That bunny is absoloutly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on such an amazing variety of water colouring, all perfectly done too

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards! I love to watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome array of cards. My favorite is the last one.
    I love the gorgeous BG paper you used with that sweet
    bunny holding a darling little chick.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely,lovely cards,they are so beautiful,inspirational and unique.Each card is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Brea Reese Glitter Inks - that's just one of the things I'm going to research. You have a TON of great inspiration on this one single page. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These cards are beautiful! I love watercoloring Unity images too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lots of pretty watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love all the pretty spring flowers and that adorable bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are all so great. I love seeing the same stamp done different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That’s such a great set of cards !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing colors r, the flowers are do vibrant in the vases and I’ll have to try adding the mouse to the paste, love the silver. Thank you for sharing. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete